This event is being organised by Mona Jaber (email@example.com) and aims at students in electronic and communication engineering who want to:
- Meet and hear about the latest technologies and research by leaders in the field,
- Get advice about career paths and opportunities by representatives of major communication companies,
- Have the opportunity to present and discuss their work with leaders in the field by participating in a poster competition
Click here for more information and registration.
CALL FOR POSTERS
Enter the competition and win a free registration at an IEEE ComSoc Conference of your choice!
The technical program committee is soliciting contributions for an afternoon poster session devoted to recent results. We especially encourage students and junior researchers to participate. There will be no published proceedings. Any contribution in the general area of electronic or communication engineering is welcome.
Extended abstracts (2 pages maximum, double column, IEEE style) for the poster session should be submitted with WIE-CDD-Poster in the subject to Mona Jaber at firstname.lastname@example.org. Electronic submissions must be in PDF format and provide sufficient details for careful reviewing. The Best Poster Award will be offered based on both the content and the presentation of the poster, judged by an award committee. Certificates will be awarded to the first, second, and third place posters.
Electronic submissions must be in PDF format and provide sufficient details for careful reviewing. The Best Poster Award will be offered based on both the content and the presentation of the poster, judged by an award committee. Certificates will be awarded to the first, second, and third place posters.
The deadlines are:
Abstract submission: 14/09/2022
Acceptance notification: 19/09/2022 Digital poster submission: 27/09/2022
- 9:00- Arrival coffee
- 9:30- Welcome note by IEEE UK & Ireland Chapter Chair: Professor Izzet Kale
- 9:45- Talk by Dr Yue Wang (Samsung) on career path and technical presentation of her work
- 10:10- Talk by Dr Yansha Deng from (KCL) on education path and career in research
- 10:40- Coffee break
- 11:00- Talk by Dr Joanne Chamberlain from (QMUL) about women’s role in interdisciplinary engineering projects
- 11:25- Talk by Ruth Brown (Heavy Reading – previously with BT Labs) about the recruitment of women in telecom
- 11:50- Talk by Joel Obstfeld (Cisco) about the ethics in telecom research
- 12:15- lunch
- 13:30- Panel to answer questions from moderator and audience
- 14:40- Coffee break
- 15:00- Poster session and networking
- 16:00- Panel to select best poster
- 16:30- Closing note and announcements